This year Cebit is all about Big Data, Cybersecurity, Internet of Things (IoT):
- The Big Data concept gets a sense of direction. Davis Goldberg, CEO of Survey Monkey talks about explicit vs. implicit data. Cost of Big Data analysis has fallen dramatically.
- Cybersecurity is an omnipresent elephant in the room. Shadow of Snowden is here, literally, over video link. Bill McDermott, CEO of SAP: “No backdors in SAP. Period.” Kevin Mitnick: “No network is secure against combined efforts of human engineering and proper tools”. Vincent Steckler, Avast CEO: “We are focusing on consumer market. As bank robber said that’s where money is.” Natalie Kasperski: “We focus on enterprise market only, unlike Avast”, “Always start from threat model”.
- Infosys summit: “Germany is 3 years behind the US in digital innovation technology.”
- Emergence of media monitoring companies: Meltwater, uberMetrics Technologies, Mynewdesk
- Shai Agassi hints at something really big and disruptive coming, currently in stealthy mode.
- Robotics advances greatly, meets IoT. Drones become ubiquitous.
- Additive manufacturing/3D Printing moves from hype into early adoption phase.