The Single Photon Workshop 2017 will be held at the University of Colorado in Boulder, Colorado (USA). SPW2017 is the eighth installment in a series of international workshops on single-photon generation and detection technology and applications. Cutting-edge single-photon technologies are vital in bringing many applications to quantum computing market such as quantum cryptography, quantum information processing, quantum imaging, quantum metrology, astrophysics, nuclear physics and biology.
SPW 2017 is intended to bring together a broad range of scientists, engineers and newcomers in the field of single-photon generation and detection for fundamental science and applications. Researchers from universities, industry, and government will present their latest developments in single-photon devices and methods with a view toward improved performance and new application areas. It will be an exciting opportunity for those interested in single-photon technologies to learn about the state-of-the-art and to foster continuing partnerships with others seeking to advance the capabilities of such technologies.
- Single photon avalanche detectors.
- Superconducting single photon detectors.
- Single Photon Detector arrays.
- Photon-number-resolving detectors.
- Integrated Single Photon Detectors.
- Spontaneous parametric downconversion and four-wave-mixing.
- NV centers.
- Quantum dots.
- On-demand single-photon sources.
- Integrated single-photon sources.
- Entangled photon-pair sources.
- Methods for characterizing single-photon detectors and sources.
- Quantum Sensing.
- Weak measurements.
- Novel measurement schemes
Applications of single photon technologies:
- Quantum communication.
- Optical quantum-state generation.
- Quantum random number generators.
- Imaging and ranging.